Leigh Powers is a gifted and powerful speaker who mixes real world application with solid biblical principles.
A devoted Bible student, Leigh is passionate about seeing women’s lives transformed as they encounter God through his word. She is a graduate of Baylor University and Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and has written over one hundred Bible study lessons for publishers such as BaptistWay Press and Smyth&Helwys. She has also contributed to MomSense, Just Between Us, and (in)courage.me.
Leigh is a freelance writer and editor, pastor’s wife, and mother of three. She teaches an adult Sunday School class and serves on her church’s prayer team. In her free moments you can usually find her either with a book or knitting needles in her hand—and sometimes both.
- Step Away From the Ladder: Moving from Guilt to Grace—Do you ever feel “not good enough?” Not good enough for your husband or your children? Not good enough even for God? This workshop helps women let go of guilt and pursue God from a foundation of grace.
- Pentecost and Potty Training: Thriving Spiritually as a Mother of Young Children—Parenting young children can be physically and spiritually draining. But you can do better than survive the preschool years—you can thrive spiritually in the midst of them. Learn how to escape the perfectionist trap and enjoy intimacy with God in the midst of the preschool years.
- Letters to God: Journaling for Spiritual Growth—Learn how journaling can help us encounter God through his word, provide a record of God’s work in our lives, help us wrestle with the tough questions of faith, and leave a legacy for the next generation.
- How Do I Know It’s God? A Woman’s Guide to Hearing God’s Voice—Sometimes we struggle to know if we’re really hearing from God. The good news is that we serve a God who reveals himself to his people. This session will explore ways God speaks to us today and help us gain confidence that we can hear God’s voice.
- When Loving God’s People Hurts—Being in ministry is a great joy, but it also comes at a great cost. This workshop for ministry wives and women in ministry helps wounded leaders work through the pain and move from bitterness to blessing.
Leigh travels to her speaking engagements from Abilene, Texas. She can also create a customized event tailored for the needs of your church, women’s ministry, or mom’s group. Contact her to discuss your group’s needs.