One of my favorite gospel truths is that we are children of God.
Through Christ we are sons, not slaves. We don’t have to beg God for his favor; we boldly come before the throne of grace. We are accepted, adopted, and set free. We see God face to face, and we call him Father.
As children of God:
- God lavishes his love on us (1 John 3:1)
- We have fellowship with the Father ( 1 John 1:3)
- Christ’s blood purifies us from all sin (1 John 1:7)
- The kingdom belongs to us (1 John 1:7)
- We are led by the Spirit of God (Romans 8:4)
- We are heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ (Roans 8:7)
- We live in freedom and glory (Romans 8:21)
- We are clothed with Christ (Galatians 3:26)
- The Spirit lives in our hearts (Galatians 4:6)
- God disciplines us as his sons and daughters Hebrews12:6-8)
- We are not condemned (Romans 8:1)
- We call God “Father” and do not fear him (Romans 8:25; 2 Corinthians 6:18)
- We are destined to be conformed to Christ’s image (Romans 8:29)
- We are rescued from the kingdom of darkness and brought into the kingdom of Jesus, God’s beloved son (Colossians 1:13).
The miracle of the gospel is this: while we were still lost in our sin, God longed to adopt us as sons. Jesus came to seek and save those who were lost–bringing all the children home to the Father. The same God who sees a sparrow fall passionately seeks his children, drawing our hearts to Jesus so all his sons and daughters can come home. Like the father in the parable, God never stops watching the road. And he always runs to welcome his children home.
There are 600 million children worldwide living in poverty. And every one of those 600 million children is precious to the Father. We can help. When you sponsor a child through Compassion, your sponsorship helps provide food, clean water, health care, and education for a child living in poverty. Because Compassion is a distinctly church based program, your sponsored child also gets to know the embrace of a loving church community–and is encouraged by your letters and prayers. Sponsorship helps these precious ones know that they too can become children of God.
Children are waiting for sponsors. Will you become a sponsor today?
Mail chimp form